Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Return of Aunt Flo


I can't believe I am actually writing about this but I guess in my life, this is as exciting as it gets. :P

Aunt Flo is back. Who is Aunt Flo? She's that monthly 'inconvenience' that all women of age goes through each month. The last time I had it was...uh...hmmm...well, lets just say it has been awhile.

I have always been a hardcore breastfeeding enthusiast. I had breastfed my first two children up to the age of 2 and my youngest is a month short from being weened off for good. The best thing about breastfeeding exclusively on demand for me is, Aunt Flo disappears from my life for a long, long time. When I first began to breastfeed, from the time I gave birth, Aunt Flo was gone for a good 21 months. Second time around, she came back after 19 months and now a whopping 23 months!

Every time a friend asks how long it's been since my last monthly visits, they are usually flabbergasted to hear that I haven't seen her yet. My favorite reply has always been "I'm still waiting for puberty to hit me" Hehe. ;)

However, the downside is, she'll be coming irregularly for a couple of months and based on my previous track record, I'll have her in my life for 2 or 3 times before I get knocked up again. That's another thing, somehow I become really, really fertile.

This time around though, I'm planning to see as much of Aunt Flo as I can. No more baking buns in the ovens. I'm welcoming Aunt Flo with open arms. For her sake, I will endure the bloatedness, cramping and crazy mood swings without any complaints. Hope she feels really welcomes and from now on, comes to visit me each month without fail. Welcome back Aunty dear! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment