Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Gym Comeback


I've decided to get back to the gym after my too-long absence. Almost 3 years to be exact. I was actually aiming for 3 times this week but had only managed to go twice. Well, as Woody Allen had said " half of life is showing up", so I am giving myself a pat at the back for making it 2 out of 3 times. I reckon that's better than not showing up at all. My Glass half full justification.

I would have gone the third time, but my aching body was crying out for help. My body had been complacent for so long that once I hit the treadmill, I think I totally shocked it or something. DH told me to give it a rest and to gradually increase the gym frequency.

Judging by my performance at the gym, no one could have guessed that I used to be such a gym junkie. I used to get withdrawal symptoms if I didnt step into a gym at least 5 times a week. Can't wait to lose these fats and regain my long lost, rock hard muscles.

I like this gym I am going to. Reminds me a lot of the old one that I used to go to back in the days. It's much smaller though, but the machines therearee similar. It makes my life a whole lot easier tring to figure out how to work it.


Since Rome wasn't built in a day, I am giving myself 3 months to get myself into the pre pregnancy shape that I had 3 years ago. Dunno if that's possible, but I have always loved a good challenge. Coming back was the hardest part but since I have overcome the beginning, now it's a matter of making it into a routine and sticking to it. Here I come towards having a lean, mean, fat-burning machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment