Thursday, December 15, 2011

Maid gone A.W.O.L


45 days. That's how long our maid was with us before she decided to abscond. I am still bewildered about her running off like that. A bit sadden too. I have heard the many horror stories of absconding maids. Never thought it would happen to me. Guess anyone with the same experience would feel the same way. Why did she run away? Was I such a bad employer? She tells me over and over again that I have been a good employer to her, so what motivated her to run off like that? I've spent the entire day scrutinizing every conversation, every action, every incident that has occurred between us but I am still clueless. Saying that she was fantastic at her job would be over stretching it but she is adequate and having her to help me with the chores has eased my burden tenfolds. There are things about how she does her job that irks me, but I don't hold it against her. I do not expect her to cook and she has almost zero contact with the kids. I could see that sometimes she does seemed bored to death although there are things around the house that could have used some initiatives from her, but I let it be and do not hound her about it. I let it go and chose to do it myself. So what could have possibly gone wrong? I should have gone with my gut and turned her away the very moment I laid eyes on her however, since I am a strong advocate of the the whole 'don't judge a book by it's cover' theory, decided to give her chance. Look at the result, should have followed my instinct. Fortunately for me, it's the last day of school. There will be a three weeks holiday. I am going to give a good long think about hiring another help. Otherwise, I'll just have to try and manage on my own again. Did it before, will do it again. Do I want to do it again? Hmm. Not by choice. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment