Friday, October 8, 2010

My Never Ending Story....



Whoever said being a stay at home mom is easy has another think coming. As I write this, my almost 2yo is screaming like a banshee with her pants around her ankles, my 7yo and 4yo is rolling on the floor trying to kill each other over a large ball and my Abu Dhabi Daddy who seems totally oblivious to the commotion is flicking cigarette ashes on the kitchen floor (our designated smoking area in the house, just because it has an accessible balcony) while cursing obscenities very loudly because he just lost a bunch of pretend chips on Facebook poker (thankfully, the kids are too wrapped in their own chaos to notice what daddy is saying).

It's been a little over an hour since I made breakfast (chinese fried rice with deep fried chicken wings) and now I have to start figuring out lunch. There's a pile of unwashed dishes in the sink that rises high up to the faucet and 2 weeks worth of laundry just staring at me accusingly for neglect.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget the pile of shirts that needs ironing which I had decided to stash in the guest room hoping that it will suddenly disappear. I was trying to test the theory 'out of sight, out of mind.' Doesn't work for me though. The person who came up with that phrase must be of the sociopath variety as only a person without a conscience could actually make that phrase work for them.

It's the weekend and I've been up since 7.30am. That's 2 hours later from when I normally wake up during the weekdays (but since it was the weekend I stayed up till 3am to watch a horror flick). I was tidying up the house only to find the house totally wrecked even worst than when I started 4 hours later. Yup, my life is one big non-stop party, like the sort you'd experienced in Ibiza, just minus the drinks, sexy people and a whole lotta fun.

1 comment:

  1. Sure tough..hang on babe.I feel u too.Adding as a career mom also making me like a headless Hen.But u did well :D as a Supermom!Envy u

    ReplyDelete